Charlie became a Cub Scout on his 8th birthday. Charlie was made for scouting! He loves everything about it. The week after his first pack meeting he carried his book around explaining EVERYTHING about it to me. I’m a little indifferent about scouting but I’m happy to see him so passionate about something other than reading.
With scouting came his first experience of building a Pinewood Derby car. Seth and Charlie did it together and all seemed to go well until he actually raced it. It didn’t cross the finish line. Thankfully they had some graphite Charlie was able to put on the wheels that greatly increased his speed. His car was the “Rhino Car” because he put a horn on the front of it but the horn was not so great for arrow dynamics. He never won but he had a GREAT time!
I am loving all of your updates!! I'm indifferent about scouting as well, we shall see how it goes!
ReplyDelete