Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A New Years Revolution??

Charlie came home from school last month and announced, “I have accomplished my revolution.” I was confused but after he explained to me that he finally received an illusive “ES” on one of his papers I put it together he meant “resolution.”  They have a new grading system where a “P” means proficient and “I” means in progress. I think there is something worse but I don’t remember what it is. Then there is the “ES.” I’m not sure what it stands for but they are nearly impossible to get. You only get them on your work when you go way above and beyond. Charlie does well in school but had never received an “ES” so he decided that earning an “ES” would be his New Years Resolution. He earned one and I found his work thoroughly  entertaining.

Scan

Charlie was also honored in the spring Soaring Eagle Assembly with the “Principals Writing Award.” The kids that receive the award have sample writing submitted from their teacher to be put on display. He wrote a folk tale based on Goldilocks and the Three Bears where the bears were cheetahs . He worked hard on it and was very proud of his accomplishment. 

GEDC2666

1 comment:

  1. And the mom deserves the praise too! Way to go Charlie!

    ReplyDelete