Mad Scientist (complete with Ebola cure), Police Officer, Queen Elsa, and Squirrel
Fall is by far my favorite season so it’s no surprise that I LOVE Halloween. I volunteered to run Charlie’s class party again this year (4th year in a row) and it turned out great. His school still allows all the students to dress up and they do a massive parade that many of the parents come to watch (poor Matthew had no dressing up or parade at his school). I took Lucy in her Elsa costume and she fell right into line with Charlie and marched through the whole school with him.
After the parade the kids ate cupcakes, felt around in a creepy touch-and-feel box, and then we played bingo. I wondered if the kids were getting to old for bingo but I was wrong. They all took it very seriously!
I love the drive out to Charlie’s school, it’s about as rural we get. The trees were vibrant!
Our ward hosted a trunk-a-treat which was fun and packed. Our kids got just as much candy at that event as they do trick-or-treating in the neighborhoods. I also enjoyed the hot chocolate!
The kids had Halloween day off so we went to a potluck at the park in the morning. It was nice to get out and let them get their energy out. Sadly Matthew left the belt to his police costume at the park and it was gone when we went back to get it. There were a lot of sad tears over the lost belt! Conrad is really into monkeys and so a friend volunteered to make him a monkey mask and and tail. He loves them for about 5 seconds at a time but they have gotten tons of use from all of his siblings.
Halloween night was perfect. We all went around to the townhomes in our neighborhood and finished up in less than 45 minutes. Lucy and Conrad were done but Charlie and Matthew wanted to go to more places. We went to the neighborhood next to ours and people were really happy to see us. It’s an older neighborhood and they don’t get a lot of trick-or-treaters. They got candy by the handfuls! Both boys were really concerned we weren’t going to be able to find the car but at 8pm we were all done and did find the car. We came home and stuffed ourselves (the peanut butter snickers were my parent tax) while watching Garfield’s Halloween special.
No comments:
Post a Comment