After being home from our Utah Vacation a few weeks, I flew back to Utah for a Michigan reunion with Natalie and Mandy. Traveling by yourself is such a different experience! Mandy and Natalie picked me up from the Salt Lake Airport and we immediately stopped at DownEast clothing to stock up. Unfortunately Natalie accidentally locked her keys in her rental car but fortunately she had Triple A so we shopped a little longer until they came and unlocked the doors. We headed south for a weekend in sunny St George. We stopped in Cedar City and stumbled upon a delicious pizza place that served Nutella pizza- so GOOD! We shopped, saw a play, and talked and talked and talked. It was wonderful to be together again!
I also got to visit Paul and Stefanie! I have only met Stefanie a few times so it was fun to visit and help them celebrate her 30th birthday!
The weekend went by way too fast and on Sunday evening Mandy and Natalie dropped me off at Nora’s home. It was sad to say goodbye. The happy part was taking part in Nora’s “Projects Connect” party. She had sponsored a “get-projects-done” blog the year before and many of the people who contributed came to party that night. Vanessa even came from Idaho which meant four out of the five Ackerson girls were together.
My flight didn’t leave until Monday afternoon so I got to spend the next day with Nora. There were plans of exploring the Bountiful DI but there was a misplacement of keys so we happily chatted the day away. Addie is rocking 7th grade fashion! I wish I was young enough to pull off this look. Baby McKay is the ideal family caboose with the happiest demeanor. Macy had stayed behind to play with Paige. They made me a little rock collection to take home.
I loved seeing my family at the airport when I landed. It was a quick trip but I came home very relaxed and ready to live out the rest of winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment