Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Monday, June 6, 2011

Moving On….

Welcome to the new blog. I never imagined when I picked the blog "Thackers in Michigan" we would ever not be "Thackers in Michigan" or at least that I would still be blogging at that point. But here we are ready to embark on a new stage of life so it seemed fitting to begin a new blog. Poor Lucy never had  representation on the old blog banner.....

With Seth's graduation comes the exciting event of moving on to the next "step." He will be working as a "post-doc" at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland. Bethesda is located just inside the beltway so we will be really close to DC. We will be there for 3-5 years! It took me a little while to warm up to the idea of moving further east but I have heard nothing but good from everyone who has lived in the area. Now we live just under 1700 miles away from our family, what's another 400? 
 
A family in my Ann Arbor ward invited me to tag along with them when they traveled to DC for Mother's Day weekend. Meredith spent her Saturday happily driving me around the area and I was even able to look at a few places.  She grew up in Potomac (west of DC) so she knows the area well and loved pointing out all the places I have to take the kids. It was also nice to get a visual for this place. It's busy!

One of the places I looked out turned out to be a perfect fit so we signed a lease for the 2nd of July! It's less than a mile from the Metro which will give Seth a 15 minute ride to the NIH. It was cheaper (very relative term for the area) but we still have some great space and BATHROOMS galore.

house front 1

Our new home! It's a three level townhouse with 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 baths and a bonus guest room in the basement.  The windows on the bottom are looking into the guest room, the bay window looks into the kitchen and the windows on top look into the master bedroom.

kitcken 12nd bedroom 1dining room living room 2

Eat in Kitchen with lots of light!         2nd bedroom already repainted (not pink) for the boys        Dinning room and living room

 

master bathroombasement hallwaymaster bedroom 12nd bathroom

Master bath!                                 Finished Basement with walk out sliding door           Master bedroom            Family bath        

Not shown are Lucy's room and all the other bathrooms! I think it's funny that a couple with no kids is renting it now; they aren't even using one of the rooms and the basement. We will use it all!

So, when are you coming to visit? We already have a few scheduled in so don't miss the chance to visit DC with a swanky place to stay.

7 comments:

  1. I'm coming. What a pad! How exciting and your new blog is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new blog and the new house! i especially love your blog header - very cool! maybe i'll get to see you sometime when i'm out visiting my sister in MD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! New blog, new job, new house, how exciting! Glad you posted pics of the place, it is always fun to see new homes for friends. Can't wait to hear about living in the big city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, it's beautiful!! How exciting to have so much space (especially bathroom space!) You're going to have a blast in DC. I love the banner pic by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you Sharon! It's always exciting to move on to the next step. What a fun place to spend a few years! Congratulations to all of you I think your new place is perfect for your family. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to come!! I don't know when it'll be yet, but I'm definitely planning on it!

    ReplyDelete