Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Sunday, July 17, 2011

A “New” old table!

We received a table as a wedding gift from Seth’s parents and sister (over eight years ago). For a pair of poor newlyweds, a brand new table was such a luxury item! Fast forward eight years and three kids; the table has taken a beating. With two broken chairs (kids standing on them and tipping them over) and lots of scratches we had to do something. I found an unfinished bench off of Target’s website which matched up perfect except it was unfinished. Since we had to refinish to bench, why not just refinish the whole table too?? I know, faulty reasoning, but in the end it turned out beautiful!!! To make it more exciting this was all less than a month before our big move, but if we didn’t do it then, we would have never done it.

 

Before

IMG_3498

IMG_3500IMG_3501IMG_3503IMG_3502

Here is all the work, I’m so grateful for everything Seth did! (I really did help)

IMG_3528

After

No comments:

Post a Comment