His birthdays seem to come around faster and faster! His day started bright and early with presents under the tree! Snap Circuits, Beyblades, and a Ninjago book made his day, I love how you can make all the dreams of a seven year old come true.
Lucy, Matthew and I took Star Wars cupcakes to his class during lunch. Lucy was in love with school. She sat right up at the lunch table with the attitude of, “ok I’m hear bring me my food.” Sadly I forgot my camera but thankfully there were leftovers so we had star wars cupcakes for his after dinner birthday treat!
He requested homemade macaroni and cheese, homemade rolls and carrots for dinner! We love Charlie and are so grateful he is our first born. He’s a wonderful example to his siblings and is a mommy pleasure. He loves math and reading but hates writing time in school. It’s nice to see him get a bit more challenged in First grade. He is picking up the piano fast and is making new friends at school and in the neighborhood.
I wish I had lots of pictures of his birthday party which was scheduled for the Saturday after his Birthday. Unfortunately, Matthew woke up early Saturday morning with a nasty stomach bug so we had to postpone it. Charlie was a really good sport about it when I told him. His only question was, “Do we have to cancel the party because we don’t want Matthew throwing up on anybody?"
That makes me feel better about Charlie hating writing! Collin is the exact same, so if you come up with something magical to fix the problem (or at least work on it) let me know! Ir drives me nuts!
ReplyDelete