This was what my IPod app showed me on Friday, it was exciting to see, but the day ended as normal so it was a bit anticlimactic (we did go to CafĂ© Rio as a consolation prize). I know going over is nothing unheard of but it’s new territory for me. I’ve had a lot of contractions but when I start to get excited they go away. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow so hopefully I can go ahead and schedule an induction.
I’m really grateful for the past week I’ve had with my kids. Charlie and Matthew both were on spring break so they were home and happy. We didn’t due anything “big” because I figured we would be having a baby at some point but we still kept busy around town. We went to the park, flew kites, enjoyed Ben & Jerry’s “free cone” day, went to the downtown aquarium (just Seth and the boys), and orchestrated play swaps with friends. They still have tomorrow off and then they both go back to school and preschool on Tuesday. This last week made me really excited for summer vacation when we don’t have to do the “morning drill” of getting out the door and we can play all day.
Other bonuses of not having the baby yet was being around for “bunny morning” to see what the Easter Bunny left the kids. We also died hard boiled eggs Saturday afternoon and made egg salad sandwiches for dinner which the kids surprisingly ate and loved! I think a new tradition has been created.
Church on Sunday was inspiring and it felt wonderful to be at church with my family on Easter.
I convinced myself on the way home from church that I was going into labor. I took Matthew with me on a speed walk which produced some contractions but once I stopped walking evaporated. I don’t feel too bad because look at the feast Seth prepared for us all!!! The homemade carrot cake (all recipes “Carrot Cake III) is another Easter tradition.
I finally got around to getting Charlie a copy of “Harry Potter.” I knew he would love it but I was almost hesitant because I knew once we started down the Harry Potter path there was no going back. He had actually started it off reading it slowly and had only read the first few chapters by Friday. This is how I found him Sunday morning with only a few pages left and requesting book 2. He has loved detailing the whole book to Seth and me (no surprise).
Ah, the anticipation is killing me!!!
ReplyDelete