Oh how I wish I had pictures of a chubby pink baby to share. This baby seems to be in no hurry and I’m thinking nothing will happen until my due date (Friday) or beyond. I am having some contractions which is comforting but my OB was really unimpressed at my last doctors appointment so I’m not holding my breath. I guess the nice part about expecting your fourth is that you KNOW that it really is going to happen. I am going to have this baby, sooner or later. I have really been blessed during the last few months. I am sleeping a TON and my back hasn’t really given me any trouble. When I was pregnant with Lucy, back pain would wake me up at 4am every morning and I was tired all the time. I feel a lot more “emotionally stable” this time around and completely ready, or at least as ready as you can be.
Seth has been wonderful. I made a massive “to do” list of projects I wanted done before the baby came and we checked the last one off the list yesterday. We had to mulch and weed our front yard which was starting to look embarrassing with all the weeds. I was hoping a long day of yard work would bring on labor but I think it only brought me sympathy from our neighbors. Seth also completely detailed our van, made an amazing Chicago style pizza for dinner and there are exactly TEN freezer meals (plus a chocolate cake) in my basement freezer!
Spring here has been MAGICAL!! We had a random week of summer where we got into the 80’s which I wasn’t quite ready for but we have gone back to the high 60’s which has been perfect for my pregnant self. One of our greatest surprises was waking up one morning and seeing this outside our window!
While we saw no snow capped trees this winter, the blossoms on the trees have been just as beautiful! Our daffodils started blooming the end of February!! I know this has all been very unusual for this area, but it’s been such a nice change to actually have a real “spring.”
The boys are both doing great! Matthew has calmed down a lot behavior wise and has found a great physical outlet in his bike and playing in the “forest” in our backyard. He is also turning into a great liar. The other day Charlie came up to me and said, “I wish our baby was going to be a girl but I am happy with a boy too.” I responded that while our baby could be a boy, it also could be a girl since we don’t know. His response was, “No, Matthew told me it is a boy and that Daddy told him, it’s really ok mom.” It took me a while to convince him that NOBODY new what this baby was and that we had to just wait and see. Charlie later explained that he wanted it to be a girl because he thought a girl would be more distracting for Lucy…..while I’m not necessarily convinced that a girl would be more distracting for her, he has a point, Lucy needs some good distraction.
Lucy is going to be a great older sister, for good or for ill. She has recently latched on to the “The Berenstain Bears” series (which has given us some minor relief from the dang Sesame Street books). Her favorite is called “Double Dare” which is a story where Brother Bear is talked into stealing a watermelon out of Farmer Ben’s pumpkin patch. When Farmer Ben catches him he yells out, “Gotcha! You thievin’ varmit!” Lucy thinks this is the funniest line in all of written lit. My favorite game now is to grab her while I yell the line and she bursts out in laughter, but the best is when she tries to say it to you, very funny with her broken two year old English.
Charlie is thriving like normal. Unfortunately he had a serious run-in with the dentist. He has what they consider to be “plastic molars.” It basically means that his permanent molars didn’t form very well beneath the surface (they are chalky and discolored) and therefore very susceptible to decay. He already has two cavities and they haven’t been up for very long. Hopefully after we get these filled he can get some sealants to hopefully slow the process. This was hard information for a boy who prides himself on his dental hygiene (brushing for two minutes twice a day, floss, and mouth wash). It didn’t help that the dentist proclaimed Matthew’s teeth to be “perfect.”
This was the boys creation during conference.
We have completely finished decorating the boys room so I thought I would share some pictures. As you can tell, much of it was brought to us by way of IKEA. My favorite parts are the reading shelves and reading lights. I LOVE going in their room at night to see them nestled under their covers looking at books.
Conference was wonderful, like always. There were a few talks that really hit home but overall I had it reaffirmed to me that President Monson is truly a living prophet! What a blessing it is to have his guidance and wisdom in our day.
Are we the only ones left blogging in this world?! I loved the update, and am so impressed with the boys room. I could use some serious decorating help/motivation. I LOVE how it turned out!
ReplyDelete