Conrad turned one month old on May 10th and Seth and I celebrated our nine year wedding anniversary!
First, Conrad is doing wonderful. I took him in for his one month check-up and he was 10lbs 5oz (75%) and 22 in. He is sleeping really well and has given me a few breaks by only waking up once in the night to eat and then going right back to sleep! I’m hoping to see more of this in the future!! He poops a lot (in comparison to my other kids as babies) so I guess that is why he is so content with life. He still loves to scowl so I have to work with him in order to get non-scowling pictures. He has given us a few smiles which of course is greatly appreciated at this stage of the game.
He loves his tummy time!
They are already conspiring against me….
Enjoying a very thoughtful bath with Dad.
I have had a few bouncers in the past but I never hang on to them long after my kids are finished using them. I had looked on craigslist for one but they all seemed overpriced to me. I purchased one at Target but then when I got home I realized I paid $40 instead of the $30 and that seemed too much for something I wasn’t going to use for that long. I just left it in the box because I was hoping, with a little more patience, I would find a “cheap” one on Craig’s list, and Craig’s list ended up coming through for me. This fancy Rainforest bouncer was $15 from a lovely family in Potomac. She said it hadn’t been used much either. It made me feel even better when I found the same one at Target.com for $45!! Oh, I still love a deal. Conrad likes the bouncer but the other kids are all a lot more entertained by all of its functions.
The morning of our ninth wedding anniversary started out as a normal day. Seth and I were stumbling around in our sleep deprived state trying to get it all done. There was breakfast and lunches to made, diapers to be changed, tantrums to be dealt with, permission slips to be signed, a bus to be caught, and much much more. Seth turned to me and asked, “If you could have seen this morning nine years ago before we got married, would have gone through with it?” My response, “Not a chance!” But thankfully I didn’t see a vision of a difficult morning with four kids because then I would have missed out on all the wonderful moments we have had the last nine years!!
He looks so cute and peaceful asleep in the bouncer with his hand under his chin.
ReplyDelete