Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Utah Trip Part 6- Brigham City Temple, Logan, W Jordan, and Pocatello!

8-2-032

We were grateful for the opportunity to go to the Brigham City Temple open house. I was very happy my mom came along with us, she is Lucy’s “baby whisperer.” Lucy was perfect during the open house with her little hand being held securely by Grandma Christy. The temple was beautiful and I was really touched by all the artwork and peach blossoms.

8-2-033

We didn’t get much of a chance to drive around Logan on our way to Bear Lake so I was thankful to make a little detour there after the temple open house. We have wonderful memories of Logan and haven’t been back in six years. I took the opportunity to take pictures of the two places we lived. Our first TINY basement apartment was in the brown brick building pictured above. Our address was 654 1/2 E 800 N because we lived in the middle of the block. It was around 500 square feet and made for a short (steep) walk up to campus. The Fillmore’s lived directly behind this building in a house, we loved stopping by. After we found out we were pregnant with Charlie we moved into the basement of the pink brick house. We moved into Holly and Tim’s ward and were very close to them. It had the LITTLESET fridge in the world but was perfect for our growing little family. The baby picture is of Conrad who was wonderful during this really long day. We also drove through campus and I pointed out all the different places I worked, I never realized I had 4 jobs in 2 years. I was able to show Charlie the hospital he was born in which has been completely changed.

8-2-034

Logan wouldn’t be complete without Aggie Ice Cream. It was better than I remembered but then again, we were all really hungry!

8-2-031

We concluded our trip by staying with the Mair family! Charlie was anticipating this stay more than any of the others because Ben is the coolest cousin in the entire world. We arrived the night before school started but they still got in some good play time. 

8-2-035

The day before we flew back to Maryland, Nora, SIX kids, and I jumped in the Pilot for a quick day trip to Pocatello. We have made this trip together a few times before and we always have a full car of kids. Vanessa made us a Pioneer Women Salad and homemade rolls- delicious. We went to the park to play and the kids stayed busy with all their Styrofoam weapons.  Sterling introduced Charlie to the wonderful world of Skylanders and it’s already on his Christmas List. Sisters are wonderful!

IMG_8154

The next morning we flew back to Maryland. Other than the cow bone Charlie got from Grandpa’s farm setting off the TSA screener, we had a smooth ride home. Seth had left us two weeks earlier so we were happy to see him again and get ready for school to start in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Such memories. When you get these all published in a book this year, will you blog about it? I need inspiration. I might be stealing some of your pics.

    ReplyDelete