I am the third counselor in our ward’s Primary presidency. I’ve served just over a year and have loved it. I feel really lucky to get to work with such great people. Our primary president is one-in-a-million and I have learned a lot from her. The other counselors are also wonderful and wonderful teachers who I have learned from as well. I was in charge of the yearly primary sacrament meeting program which was an overwhelming endeavor but it turned out fine and the kids were really cute. The best part of the program was hearing all the kids who finished reading The Book of Mormon this year talk about their experiences. Back in January our primary president challenged all of them to read it before the year was up. The junior primary kids were asked to read the Scripture Reader while the senior primary was asked to read the whole blue book. I have been amazed at how many kids rose to the challenge and finished the whole book, even with time in the year left.
Different kids in the primary designed the program covers.
Charlie and I started off reading everyday together. Reading The Book of Mormon with a child is a different experience. He had A LOT of questions which led to more understanding for both of us. Towards the middle he started to read more on his own and ended up finishing it before he was baptized in November. WOW!! Charlie was born with a gift for seeking knowledge, I’m so glad it includes spiritual knowledge as well. I have loved watching his testimony grow at such a young age! Matthew also enjoyed reading The Book of Mormon Reader; I hope that we will read the blue book together in a few years.
The primary ordered these super cool t-shirts for all the kids who finish reading. Carolyn the primary president designed them. My boys love them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment