Donna, Bevan, and Anna came for a visit! Lucky for them and us they made it in right before Hurricane Sandy hit. After we went to church on Sunday we made a dash to Arlington National Cemetery to visit my Grandparents graves. While at the cemetery we were able to watch the changing of the guard of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We also drove by the house my dad grew up in. We really wanted to get a picture of us in front but there was a large group of people eating dinner in the front dining room so that is why the picture is off to the side. It’s a quaint neighborhood. It was drizzling during all of this but nothing to severe. On Monday and Tuesday they preemptively canceled school, the metro was shut down, and ALL the museums were closed. It rained a lot and there were a few wind gusts but we were spared and didn’t even lose power. Because Seth and Bevan were home Donna and I were able to do a little shopping alone which is always fun. I was able to introduce her to the wonderful world of Unique(thrift store) and we outfitted Anna for the winter in Midway. We played lots of games and there was the Ipad that got played with a bit too….wink,wink.
We had an impressive puddle in front of our home Matthew found entertaining!
After the storm moved on Donna and Bevan were able to spend two days in DC while I tended Anna. She is a sweet calm little girl and I was hoping she would have a good influence on Lucy.
Not so much.
On Friday morning we all decided to go to Bethesda to have cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcakes (they were only ok). Thankfully Five Guys was across the street. Donna and Bevan had not made it to the National Archives to see the Constitution so we went there with all the little kids. Everybody did great and it was a success even with the parking ticket! (the number of tickets I have received since moving here is a little astonishing).
We had a great time with the Hawkins and I am once again grateful well live in a vacation destination. It makes up for all of my photo tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment