Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween! 10/31

GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA

I LOVE Halloween. Free candy (parent tax), Pandora Halloween radio station, decorations, costumes, parties, carving pumpkins, staying up late on a school night, what’s not to love? I was able to host Charlie’s class Halloween party again this year and it was a HUGE success. I did the normal food (cupcakes, grapes, pretzels) along with some jelly fangs, snakes, and tongues that I found at Target. The kids loved them! They ate their food while watching the classic Garfield Halloween Special (I grew up watching it). Next we moved on to the “witch box.” I took a cardboard box and divided it into six sections and cut holes in the top. I placed different food items in the box and they had to try to guess what they really were. I had pickles for witch fingers, lasagna noodles for witch skin, raisins for witch warts, peeled grapes for cat eyeballs, dried apricots for witch ears, and candy-corn for witch teeth. They were all labeled with a false name and they had to guess what they really were. This was hysterical to watch. They were all completely grossed and their facial expressions were priceless, they loved it!!

11-31-020

Mrs. Ornsteins’s Class

We carved pumpkins after school because Seth came home early. I put on some Halloween music and we all started dancing but we were all most impressed with Conrad- the boy has moves!! We went out trick-or-treating in a light drizzle with our neighbor. Conrad quickly caught on to the fun and was trying to devour every sucker that landed in his bucket. We made it around our block in about an hour and called it good. When we got home and the kids dumped out their candy we were in for a real surprise. We found a pack of tums, cough drops, and energy jelly beans in their candy. Crazy random! We live in a really diverse community so we are thinking someone might have really thought they were candy, or our neighbors are crazy!

11-31-016

securedownload

Lucy had dance class with Miss Beth the morning of Halloween and she let them wear their dance costumes (the fairy costume from last year was more suitable than the doggy).

11-31-019

Two doggies (circa 1970 costumes), a dinosaur, and Captain Rex a clone trooper

11-31-014

The boys didn’t have school the next day (they were still both awake by 6!!) so it was nice not to have to do the hussle in the morning. We met up with friends at “U Bounce” in the afternoon to have them burn off their sugar high. Cheers for Halloween.

1 comment: