Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Tuesday, December 3, 2013

No Change.11/27

Seth didn’t get the job in Michigan. We were disappointed but not devastated. I was surprised how much peace I felt about the outcome after he told me. He will get a job and until then our set-up is great. The kids are happy to stay with their wonderful teachers and I have golden running partners.  We are blessed that Seth’s fellowship can go on for a few more years so while it would be nice to be permanently settled somewhere, we will continue to be blessed with where we are.

We are very grateful for our happy growing kids. We really love the phase Conrad is in right now. He loves life!  We finally did the inevitable and cut off his beautiful blonde hair. Seth was ready a while ago but I was still trying to hold on to my baby. At church on Sunday, an older gentlemen told me he enjoyed watching my “little girl” run around during sacrament meeting. It was time. My friend Andrea did the job and while I think it aged him a good 6 months, he is still very adorable. He was more cranky the few days after we cut his hair so now Seth has started calling him “Samson.”

12-1-014

Happy Conrad loading up his pals which include a dog, cat, and baby doll.

12-1-13Charbirthdayhaircutthanksgiving

This was right before the cut! Check out the adorable pig tails.

12-1-015

A new little boy right after the cut(we picked up donuts to drop off at Charlie’s class). I was shocked how much he looks like Matthew did at this age.

GEDC0331

Lucy enjoying her donut or at least the frosting.

GEDC0300

Are your kids addicted to screens? We have limits but they love to push them.

GEDC0314

With growing up comes the scaling of countertops. I’m grateful he dumped out the cheap salt and none of the other spices. Can anybody please help me organize my spice rack?!

GEDC0312

Sometimes I get in the “zone” in the morning trying to get everyone ready and I do weird things like……put Lucy’s clothes on Conrad and not realize it until I was finished. I guess that was another sign we needed to cut his hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment