Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas Eve!

Our Christmas Eve was perfect. We continued our tradition of going to see a movie Christmas-Eve morning by seeing Frozen (best Disney movie I’ve seen in a long time).The kids were in heaven with massive tubs of popcorn and drinks that were included (I LOVE Groupon). After the movie we walked by the Santa in the mall so all the kids could wave. I was surprised how many people were in the mall shopping on Christmas Eve.

FROZN_014M_G_ENG-GB_70x100.indd

We invited the Hubands and Atwoods over to have an Appetizer Party for Christmas Eve. This is a long Thacker tradition that should be carried on. How can you go wrong with cheese ball, Jalapeno poppers and great company? The kids also made Rudolph hats too (I love Ollie’s spider interpretation).  It was fun to see how excited all the kids were; we got updates from the “Santa Tracker” of Santa’s whereabouts.

12-25-019

12-25-018

The picture on the left was taken before we tossed them all in their beds. The most glorious thing about the whole day was that Seth and I were in bed at 10:15!!! This has not happened in years and I will remember next year how wonderful it is to wake up Christmas morning well rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment