Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pre-Christmas Festivities.

We always have grand expectations for our Christmas activity advent. We had a great run of daily activities but if fizzled mid-December. It was unsustainable but a great goal. We did do all the “must haves” of the season and I stayed sane by giving up- win  and win.

The graham cracker houses was a must and I think I finally mastered it. Thanks to pinterest, the architecture of the houses and melted sugar for glue worked out perfect! The houses stayed together for easy decorating. Seth whipped up some perfect frosting and the kids went to town. Thanks to the glorious new Wegmens in Germantown (think of a merge of Super Walmart and Whole Foods), I got lots of house decorating stuff from their bulk section. The Saint-Jean Family joined us for the evening and we were all impressed with their design skills. We ate a ton of candy!

12-25-13Christmasfun

We also went to see lights at the Washington DC temple. We snagged some tickets to see a bell concert at the visitor center which was AMAZING!! The seats were for “standing only” but it was better than waiting another hour for the later concert. The kids all loved the nativity display and each child picked out their favorite. I’m so grateful we live so close to a temple.

12-25-015

The Saturday before Christmas we were blessed with unseasonably warm weather. It was 70 DEGREES!!! We all went downtown to see the train display and capital tree. It was strange seeing the kids run around without jackets but a nice break none-the-less. The train display at the Botanical Gardens did not disappoint. They recreated famous architecture landmarks out of all plant based materials with the trains weaving around them.  The Eifel Tower and Space Needle were our favorites. 

12-25-014

12-25-017

12-25-016

I also love just being inside the Botanical Gardens this time of year to see vibrant plants flourishing. We lost Lucy for a few minutes and I found her standing the middle of a pedestal (pictured). Of course that’s where she would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment