What a week. I ran out to run a quick errand on Wednesday night and rear ended the car in front of me. He stopped quickly and I wasn’t able to swerve fast enough. We pulled over and exchanged information. Sadly I was disoriented on what side I hit him with my car. I looked at the side of my bumper I thought I hit him with and it looked perfect. His bumper was scratched a little and pulled down some. The guy driving was actually really kind. His car was a brand new Toyota Corolla and he had only had it for TWO month. He just said, “it’s ok, things like this happen.” I was feeling blessed it wasn’t more serious. When I started driving home I heard a weird flapping sound. After further inspecting our van when I got home I realized that half of my front bumper was barely hanging on. I had looked at the wrong side when I got out of the car. So…..this ended up being a lot bigger deal. With a deductible and four days in the shop our van should be out as good as knew. On the positive, I am grateful I was by myself and nobody got hurt.
That was Wednesday, next came Thursday. The boys had ANOTHER “snow day” because we had a big ice storm Wednesday night. In the afternoon, Charlie was hiding in my closet while talking to his friend Austen on the phone. I heard Matthew screaming and yelling that Charlie was bleeding A LOT! He had made contact with an old picture frame I had placed in my closet. I had thrown the glass away but the sharp holders were sticking up and he cut his back on one of them. It was deep. Thankfully my neighbor was home and she let Matthew and Lucy go to her house while I loaded up Charlie and Conrad to head to the Emergency room. Our hospital has a Children’s Emergency room so it was a lot more kid friendly than other hospital emergency rooms. The doctors were great and Charlie was able to watch the Cartoon Network for a few hours while they stitched him up. It took a lot time and a lot of stiches. They had to put in some internal stiches first before they put in the 15 top stiches. Once they numbed him up he was fine. I think Matthew was more upset by everything than Charlie was. I think he actually enjoyed the experience somewhat. He was able to watch cable and chat with the doctor about all of his interests. We even went through the drive through at Krispy Kreme to pick up a hot dozen when he said, “this has been great mom!” He didn’t have much pain and was eager to return to school the next day.
Overall I’m grateful for kind people. Even the insurance company was kind and competent. The man I hit was kind and the doctors and nurses that worked with Charlie were kind. Cheers to kindness.
Charlie was the one who pointed out that both he and the car were injured on their right sides.
After finally seeing a picture of all the injuries (van and Charlie), those are big deals! Yikes! Tell Charlie that scars look tough.
ReplyDelete