Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

An artist, a buddy, a reader, and a victim.

IMG_3911IMG_3852IMG_3842

Lucy is a budding artist. She loves to color on EVERYTHING. All our walls are adorned with her skills. Now she has taken it to a new level with her body art work. If she can get her hands on a marker or pen she instantly  goes for her skin. She was one happy camper when when she found herself naked with a marker. She even drew on her scalp….

We have officially began the daily hair routine in this home. It only recently dawned on me that I could probably pull it up into something. VoilĂ ! We call them her fountains. She’s actually pretty good in the bathroom during the process as long as she has some sort of make-up tool to entertain. 

IMG_3937

Thankfully, the timing of our move coordinated with the rapid development of Charlie’s reading skills. He went from being surrounded by possible playmates to only Matthew. He and Matthew did play a lot but Charlie also spent a huge chunk of his day reading, particularly “The Magic Tree House” series.  I think there are over 50 books in the series an he’s closing in on the last few. 

IMG_4028

Matthew calls his Dad, Brother, and friend Ellis “Buddy.” Every time I hear it I think it is the cutest thing I have ever heard. Maybe because he says it so naturally. Matthew is also eagerly awaiting the day he can go to preschool (it doesn’t start until October 4th), until then he stays busy with art projects and tent building. 

IMG_3850

Seth was shocked to walk out of the metro station and not find his bike where he left it. Instead he found his cut lock and helmet laying on the ground. The bike was old and cheap (came from Target) so he wasn’t too upset about loosing it. He had actually been talking about getting a new one. Seth’s words on the subject were something like, “I only wish I could have seen their face when they rode off on my bike and realized they had just stolen a piece of crap.”

No comments:

Post a Comment