Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Friday, September 9, 2011

Hurricane Irene!

So we survived our first Hurricane. It actually wasn’t as bad as predicted. The build up was very exciting though. The grocery stores were all out of bottled water. I find it interesting that they not only was all the bottled water picked over but the pop across the isle was almost depleted as well. I guess it’s important to be prepared on every front.

It rained long and hard for a long time and the wind was strong. Shortly before I went to bed I listened to a news story about a tree falling on a house and killing a little boy. With that I went and climbed into my bed. We have a large tree in front of our house (our bedroom is the only bedroom on the front of the house) and I could hear it blowing and brushing against the house. I woke up Seth and told him I was sleeping in the basement. He was unimpressed and stayed in our bed.

I really wasn’t crazy. Our neighbors tree in their front yard fell over on their car. It  was sad because it was a really pretty tree. Thankfully Seth was spared and our tree stayed put.

IMG_3924IMG_3925

Our wonderful shade tree is still standing!

IMG_3923

Our neighbors tree is not....

No comments:

Post a Comment