We were worried school might not start because of the Hurricane. Church was canceled the day before due to flooding but thankfully everything was good to go Monday morning for school. Charlie takes a short bus ride to school but we still get to walk him to the entrance to our complex which is where the bus stop is. He was so excited and ready to go. The rest of us where a bit slower getting ready but thankfully he made the bus, barely. I know, it’s sad he almost missed the bus the first day but thankfully we have never cut it close again.
Matthew was not excited for Charlie to start school, obviously. It was rough the first few days but thankfully he’s been able to make use of Lucy as a companion. They fight a lot but Lucy does not play fare.
The real trauma in the day came when I went to pick Charlie up from the bus. All the kids got off but there was no Charlie. I asked the driver were he was and she said he must have gotten on the wrong bus. I called the school and they said they weren’t sure where he was either but the driver would bring him back to the school if he got on the wrong bus. We drove to the school and he was waiting for us when we got there. He was fine and didn’t seem like it was a big deal. Some how when he got off the bus in the morning he received a red ticket instead of an orange one. Consequently his teacher put him on the “red” bus route home instead of the “orange” one. I’m just grateful he’s ok and now knows for sure what bus to ride on.
No comments:
Post a Comment