While Seth was going to school we rarely had family dinner together at night. The kids and I would eat together but I usually just threw something together last minute and tried to put in as little effort as possible. My crowd was picky so less seemed more. Seth would come home later and happily eat anything left. Now times have change! Seth is usually home everyday by 6:00pm!!! Amazing! We have family dinner on most nights and it is truly the best party of my day. The kids and Seth set the table! I even purchased some fabric napkins and placemats. I’m trying to put more effort into the meals (really this just means I try to plan it out earlier than 5:00pm). A friend gave me an amazing easy roll recipe so I make a huge batch and freeze them out in groups of five. Who new kids could be motivated to eat their food if there is a hot roll as a reward? Another huge part of the change is Seth being at the table. He asks each boy about their days and we usually have some fun chats. He also spares no compliments on the food (even when I really miss the mark like the super salty Lasagna). Seth’s schedule could change (it probably will) but I’ll take it for as long as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment