The kids had NO school on Halloween! Lame!
So, what do you do? We planned a huge party and tried to see how many kids we could fit in our house. 20 kids and 6 Adults was our record! It was completely wild but the kids all had a great time. We had a dance off to the “Monster Mash,” made ghost suckers, competed in relays, ate yummy scary food, played “Pin the Face on the Pumpkin,” and, of course, broke a piñata. I told all the moms to bring a Halloweeny side and everybody went all out! Lindsey especially showed off her artistic skills with her carved brain (watermelon), broomsticks, and eye balls. The mummy dogs were a big hit with the kids but Charlie pointed out that I forgot to give them eyes. The last time I threw a Halloween party was in 2006 so if I keep up my current timeline I have FIVE years to recover from all the fun.
The food stole the show!!
The kids learning the relays and our two adorable kitties, Lucy and Henry.
The piñata(skull) compliments of Seth (the kids were so confused why Seth had to work on a holiday, we explained the difference between holidays and federal holidays).
Almost all the families and their costumes, my personal favorite was the soy sauce packet and his mom the sushi!
Most of the gang (Matthew’s costume lasted about five minutes before he got to hot).
I was really beat after the party so we picked up and took naps (Lucy and I anyway). I was completely regenerated for the evening excitement. We were not quite sure how trick-or-treating would go down in our new complex but it was a complete success. One of the great benefits of living in a townhome community is you don’t have to do to much walking to get your candy. Lucy caught on really fast to the process and was racing with the boys from door to door. The weather was perfect which is my full description of fall in Maryland. I kept expecting to whip out coats and gloves but it just never happened in October. Thankfully we moved south instead of north!
I never got a shot of the completed pumpkins but you can kind of see them (this was minutes before we took of for tick-or-treating).
The boys loved sorting all of their candy and Lucy held of firm death grip on every sucker she could find!
Halloween was a complete success!
No comments:
Post a Comment