Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Beyond Christmas and New Years!

I think the week after Christmas is about the greatest week that ever existed!  I loved it because Charlie was home, Seth’s work schedule was “relaxed” and we didn’t have to do the morning rush. We didn’t really go anywhere and I think there were a couple of days the kids stayed in their pjs all day long. We also read and re-read all the new books and played lots of games!

GEDC0034GEDC0155GEDC0146

All I wanted for Christmas was a date night with Seth. I found a clipping in the paper advertising “Pride and Prejudice” the play at a small theater in Bethesda (It played through the holidays). I clipped it out and hung it on the fridge and then after a few days I made my request very specific to Seth.  He came through and our seats were great and cheap and he even arranged all the babysitting. They have a “young patrons” price bracket so if you are thirty or younger you can get $10 tickets! The play was really well done and I know from all the chuckles that even Seth enjoyed it. My favorite characters were Mrs. Bennet and Mr. Collins. I wasn’t a huge fan of Elizabeth but good old Darcy made up for it.

IMG_0001

On New Year’s Eve we all engaged in some “deep cleaning” and organizing. I love Christmas but I love putting all the extra stuff away as well! That evening we decided to eat-out at Café Rio. It was a Saturday night and the place was nearly empty. Every time we have gone there before we have seen someone from our ward and the tradition continues. Just as we were sitting down with our food, two families from our ward walked in. After we returned home we frosted mint brownies and talked about goals for the new year. My goal was something very superficial and then Charlie announced that he wanted to read the whole Book Of Mormon before he is baptized. Once again, where did he come from? I think it helps that the primary made a challenge to all the senior primary kids to read it by the end of the year. Of course he’s already made a lot of progress but he is about to embark on the “Isaiah chapters” so we’ll se if he can keep up the pace.  

GEDC0007

Since we were finally all well, we all got to go to church together on New Years Day.

GEDC0012

I love the New Year and the weather has been so temperate here that I’m hoping the January/February blahs will pass right over this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment