Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sesame Street Love

Seth’s Grandma sent us an old school Sesame Street book and Lucy became completely obsessed with it and all the characters.  It was even missing the last few pages and the binding was in a bad shape. In an effort to keep sanity I thought to get some more Sesame Street books from the library. Unfortunately our library had NO Sesame Street books that didn’t revolve around Elmo (Elmo wasn’t even in the book we had).

Then came our Relief Society “Soup n’ Swap.” They hold this event every January where people sign up to make delicious soups and everyone brings things in their home they don’t want anymore. They organized all the stuff in the Relief Society room while we were eating and then we all went in to find a few treasures (I was actually hoping I wouldn’t find anything because we already have enough stuff). Look what I stumbled onto!!!!!

GEDC0101

They are all in MINT condition!! Two were published in 92’ and the rest in 80’! The book in the corner, “Look What I Found!” is actually the book that started the obsession in the first place except this copy has the last three pages in tact!  I can’t even describe Lucy’s euphoria when she saw the books the next morning (she wasn’t even that excited Christmas morning).  We have read them all many times and her favorite characters are Ernie, Big Bird, and the Count.

1 comment: