Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lucy Jane Turns TWO!

IMG_0334GEDC0009

January 23, 2010                                                          January 23, 2012

Lucy Jane had her second birthday! She had a wonderful birthday complete with Charlie being able to spend the whole day with her. Charlie is by far her favorite person in the world so it was a nice blessing that he did not have school on her birthday. She started her morning by opening a couple of gifts from Grandma.

GEDC0044GEDC0015-1

I love the picture on the right because the boys are playing with her Sesame Street toy (she really does love it too) and she is reading a book, so Lucy.

 

It was a chilly day so I loaded the kids in the van and we went to Chuck E Cheese! We got there shortly after it opened so we had the place to ourselves for a good hour. Everyone had a great time and won lots of tickets. Matthew was very reserved about spending his tokens so we had to all help him out at the end. After Chuck E Cheese we stopped at Sam’s for lunch where everyone happily ate.

1-24-12Lucys2ndbday

The boys helped me decorate her cake while she slept (they advised) and she was very happy with the results.I drew a huge blank on dinner but Seth saved the day with Chocolate Waffles and Vanilla Cream Sauce (which mysteriously looked and tasted like frosting). I did bring out some oranges to add a little nutritional value.

GEDC0006GEDC0022

GEDC0015IMG_0006-1

GEDC0120IMG_0018-1

We picked up the bear (minus the overalls) at the Chelsea Teddy Bear Factory in Michigan over a year ago. Lucy never had much love for the bear so I had the brilliant idea of turning it into Corduroy who she LOVES. I’m happy with the results (even though it took twice as long as I expected) but unfortunately Lucy has no interest in him. Oh well, I’m sure eventually she’ll  love him, what’s not to love? Maybe a purple pocket would help?

I believe Charlie summed it up the best on her birthday when he exclaimed, “Oh we just love Lucy so much, don’t we?” Yes we do! We love having this little girl as part of our family and it’s been fun to see the spice a little girl has brought. She is talking up a storm and has followed the lead from her brother by announcing every evening at the dinner table that, “my tummy hurts!”  She has discovered the wonderful world of books and would let me read to her all day. If I ever sit down on the couch for a minute she will start to pile books on top of me. I’m thankful for this love because she spends less time climbing on chairs and getting into things. She loves cucumbers and apples and prefers to eat apples whole just like her brothers (she must be a third child because I am sure I never would have allowed Charlie to eat a non cut-up apple at 2).

IMG_4742

I’m excited for all the fun this next year of life will bring her (a new baby bother/sister and potty training)!!

2 comments:

  1. She is such a cute little girl! Happy Birthday Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWO?! Holy cow she's become a beautiful little lady. I'm sure Anna would love to play with her. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete