Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Monday, February 20, 2012

Fun in the Tucson Sun! (2-3-12)

IMG_0031

 

I have been blessed with wonderful friends in my life!  Mandy, Natalie, and I all live in different states so when we started talking about a little reunion, Arizona in February seemed liked the perfect destination and time. I was around 30 weeks pregnant and still feeling good.  The flight was heavenly! I checked my bag because I could (thank you southwest) and only had to keep track of myself and my purse! I missed my kids but I did not miss flying with kids.  I landed at the Tucson airport (little) on a BRIGHT Thursday morning and rendezvoused with Mandy shortly after getting my luggage (did I mention it’s a little airport). I was giddy to run outside and soak up the sun; I even unzipped my luggage and put on my sandals while waiting for Natalie. Natalie,“the hostess with the mostess,” as she should be referred to, picked us up and we made a quick first stop at In-an-Out. I sadly passed on the burger but the shake was tasty.

It was great to see where she was living and her beautiful new home! I actually LOVED Tucson and the desert landscape. It was wonderful to be back in open spaces with mountain skylines  and dry air!!

IMG_0029IMG_0030

So what did we do? We talked, walked, shopped, and ate!! I’m not sure how it happened but I think we ended up going to three different Targets on four different occasions. We also were set on picking up the four tier chocolate cake from Costco, but they were all out of them when we stopped by. No worries, we indulged in their supper ice-cream dipped in chocolate and nuts (one of the best things I have ever eaten). I just might be switching to Costco (from Sams) because of this heavenly treat!

IMG_0033

It’s been a LONG time since I’ve had great Mexican food. The Guadalajara Grill filled the need! They have a salsa lady who comes around and makes you fresh salsa while you watch!

IMG_0035IMG_0042

The night before we flew out, another friend from Ann Arbor who lives on the other side of Tucson (it’s a really spread out city) stopped by for dinner and Costco chocolate cake (we ended up going back for it). It was fun to see Katie and her grown up kids. I vividly remember when Marissa was born shortly after we all moved to Ann Arbor, she’s now in FIRST GRADE. All the kids had a blast playing, I wish I could have magically transported mine to join in the fun.

Later that evening we made a mad dash to the Tucson Mall so I could pick up some shirts from DownEast! The mall was a bit farther away than I expected and it was HUGE! We ended up having to run for it so we could get there just minutes before closing. I was excited to save on shipping but in retrospect I should have paid the shipping and saved all the effort.  Earlier that day we stopped by the Loft for jean shopping (not for me) but I did find a clearance sweater that I can where now and when I’m not pregnant. 

IMG_0034

I’m so grateful I was able to have this little weekend get-away. The kids had a great time with Seth and I believe his comment of, “you definitely have it a lot harder by staying home every day than I do going to work,” summed up his experience…

Natalie was an amazing host and was preparing delicious food for us around the clock. Even the “Salmonella Salad” was great and none of us got sick which was even betterSmile

Thanks ladies, I can’t wait for our next get-away!

1 comment:

  1. Deep down, we're all desert-lovers in this family. Sound like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete