Welcome to our "new blog." We have officially moved to Maryland and having more than one bathroom is truly as wonderful as we all imagined. We are also eager to get going on our list of "must sees" while we are living so close to our nations capital. Seth is working at the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda for 3-5 years so we have time to do it all. We love staying connected with family and friends through blogging so thanks for stopping by!



Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The last year of my twenties..

And so the last year of my twenties begins. It’s been overwhelming to reflect on all that has gone on the last decade and how much my life has changed in 10 years, thankfully I have been truly blessed. I love all the birthday chats and the fancy I Pad Seth gave me (when I get a chance to play with it, the kids are completely addicted to it).

GEDC1057GEDC1061

This cake is in the running for the best birthday cake EVER made!!  Seth used a BT Chocolate cake as the base and vanilla frosting with crushed up Oreos and some mint flavoring in between the layers and on top (I love the chocolate and mint combo). He topped the whole thing with a chocolate ganache. PERFECTION!! The idea for the cake came from Pinterest but the recipe used chocolate chips in the frosting and Seth used Oreos instead. The Oreos added a great crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment