It’s really lame when your family flies out on vacation, leaving you behind and it happens to be your birthday. That is exactly what happened to Seth this year. But if you know Seth at all you know that he kept telling me when I was trying to book tickets, “it’s not a big deal, just go!” Tickets were a lot cheaper on the 24th and we all know Utah is a fun place to be on that day. So I booked the tickets and will forever feel some guilt. The kids and I decided to throw him a surprise party the day before we left. They LOVED the planning. We designed a big poster, blew up balloons, hung streamers, and made an ice cream cake. They were really excited about creating a “balloon drop” which was a trap that would let balloons fall on Seth when he opened the door to the upstairs (he comes through the basement door so he can park his bike.) They let the balloons go a little early but it was still exciting.
I’m so grateful this man was born and decided to marry me. He is incredibly selfless and there is truly no better dad out there –playing games, reading stories, explaining science, and more. Conrad may never forgive me for taking him away from his dad for three long weeks. Happy Birthday Seth!
No comments:
Post a Comment