We next landed at the Liu’s Home in Cottonwood Heights. We bounced around a lot at this point in the trip but my kids were champs and greeted each day with, “Where are we sleeping tonight mommy?” After we put all the kids to bed Mandy and I went and indulged in dessert at the Dodo and caught up. Cheers for life long friends and sugar!
The next day we took all the kids to Wheeler Farm. The kids had fun but it was hot so we didn’t stay long. That was fine because we had exciting plans for that evening.
I love how Lucy has her arm around Jonah. Their mothers have their future planned, wink wink.
We had our second annual Michigan reunion in Draper. There was a mild setback before the event when I lost the key to my parents van but thanks to my parents foresight (stashed key) and a kind stranger who kept me calm, we still showed up on time. It was a great turn out with ELEVEN families showing up. Lindsey won the award for traveling the farthest by coming from Qatar. Besides Utah we had Texas, Michigan, and Maryland represented. We talked the night away and my kids climbed in the car in utter exhaustion because we stayed so late and they were done. It was fun to see everyone and also see how much all the kids had changed.
The next day we found ourselves traveling to yet another home. We joined the Mairs for church in their new ward. Conrad, Lucy and I hung out in nursery (I actually spent the whole trip going to nursery) and enjoyed the incredible healthy snack prepared by the nursery leaders. We’re talking peppers, cucumbers, cranberries, dried coconut, strawberries, and trail mix!! It was enjoyable to explore Nora and James’s new home in the hills of Centerville. Nora and I went on a run together in the morning and I was surprised at how quickly we were away from homes and running on trails. That same day I loaded up the kids and we joined Holly and her kids at Hogle Zoo. We got there right when it opened so it was cool and not crowded. That place has changed completely since the last time I was the there. All the animals were out and about and there were lego exhibits (animals built out of legos) spread throughout the zoo the kids loved finding. Holly and I became friends right after we both were married and now there are eight kids between us!!
We went back to the Mairs for more fun. Nora took us all to a Dinosaur park in Ogden the next day. One thing I love about Utah is that nobody looks at you weird when you show up anywhere with a mob of kids, and a mob we had. We also scored free lunch at the elementary school so we didn’t have to worry about feeding them all. We put the babies down, enlisted some babysitters and went off on a grand shopping adventure. I had only driven by City Creek and had never gone inside so we started there at the Athleta store. I could have bought everything!! The service was amazing and they gave us each a Lara Bar after some Nora sweet talking. We made a quick stop at the Gateway and Walmart before making it back home to see everyone well and happy. Nora and James have a big dirt pile in their back yard where the kids played for hours.
There was a display in the dinosaur museum of rocks that looked like food. Not surprisingly this became one of my favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment