Sometimes I forget how cool of a place I live. Our Relief Society sponsored a trip to the National Portrait Gallery in DC on a Saturday afternoon. I rode the metro in by myself which was so easy. We took a 50 min highlights tour which I thoroughly enjoyed. Did you know that when our government started issuing patents they had to have a model of what was being patented and they were all stored where the current Portrait Gallery is? We heard about everything from the first sewing machine (I saw the first singer) to unfinished portraits of George Washington. It was also fun being with my fellow sisters. I rode the metro home with Marisol who tried to convert me from Diet Coke to herbal tea. It logically makes sense but I’ve never been a tea lover.
Eating Lunch in the courtyard of the National Portrait Gallery
I love Katherine Hepburn! My sister and I must have watched “Bringing Up Baby” a million times when we were little.
"I can't give you anything but loooooove, baby!"
ReplyDelete