After we moved to Maryland 2 1/2 years ago I met a sweet woman named Sandra who had just been baptized. It was a chance meeting in the hall way at church that has given me a blessed friendship. We were actually made visiting teaching partners shortly after our meeting because we were both new in the ward. It’s been a blessing of mine to see her testimony grow over the last few years. Her life has been incredible difficult and its been a joy to see her apply gospel principles to her life and the blessings that have come! At the end of January I was able to be with her when she received her endowment in the Washington DC Temple. It was a blessing to see her make covenants and then have the chance to reflect on the last ten years that I have been blessed in going to the temple.
For visiting teaching in February she took us all to Café Rio in Olney for her first experience eating a Café Rio salad. Unfortunately it was a “school fundraiser night” so we were surrounded by about 40 elementary age kids. Thankfully we took it all in stride and had a great evening of conversation. We also waited in line for an insane amount of time. The experience is nothing like it is in Utah where they practically throw your salad down to the cash register.
Emily, Sandra, Carolyn, Sharon (I missed Laura who had to take off early)
No comments:
Post a Comment